EliteFighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EliteFighter's Offical Website

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

beetleman`s intro

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beetleman
Officer
Officer
beetleman

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-05-01

beetleman`s intro Empty
PostSubject: beetleman`s intro   beetleman`s intro I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:54 am

Hi All.
My real name is Doug -AKA "beetleman". I have been using this game name for a long-long time. I am 58 (this month) and no I did not make a mistake with my age. My first computer was a Commodore 64 back in the mid 1980s (which had 64 kilobytes (65,536 bytes) of RAM ). It cost me $1000 and I bought it at a Sears store Laughing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64
My first shooter was Wolfenstein 3D & Doom followed by Duke Nukem. Back then, it was a little tricky joining games, you had to join all at once and not move in the game until all people were "In sync with the server". I have played all the Unreal games from the beginning (I remember when I added my first Voodoo2 graphics card (8mb ram, maximum screen resolution of 800×600 1998) and saw the beautiful textures of the first unreal game in all its glory). I have played all the Quake games, Doom games and tons of other games too many to remember. I have trained two sets of kids in gaming (male & female) and they all kick my ass now. Their friends think it is pretty cool when their "OLD MAN" joins the server with them (WE have 5 computers in the house right now).
As I get older, my skills get lower but I still manage to place mid to upper range in the scoreboard. So, be careful when you play me because I can still put some hurtin on you Twisted Evil . I have built my last four computers and build mostly for gaming (some photo & video editing also). Nothing special for a job, working for a travel company. Just waiting for the time that I might be able to stop working and frag till I join the "Dirt People" (or become a zombie ).

Doug
Back to top Go down
KillNTime
Private
Private
KillNTime

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-03

beetleman`s intro Empty
PostSubject: Re: beetleman`s intro   beetleman`s intro I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:42 am

Hey Doug, nice to meet you. I thought I was the only person in the world to still be gaming at my age, and I'm glad to see there are others out there to. Looking forward to playing you.
Back to top Go down

beetleman`s intro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EliteFighters :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: