EliteFighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EliteFighter's Offical Website

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ways to advertise the clan?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
-Megatron- ~ LT-Killa
Admin
Admin
-Megatron- ~ LT-Killa

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Ways to advertise the clan? Empty
PostSubject: Ways to advertise the clan?   Ways to advertise the clan? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:33 am

I'd like for you guys to tell me what a good advertising thing would be to get the clan name out there in the gaming world.. Either you guys can set something up and tell me later, or you can post in here and I will see what would be a good idea and what would be garbage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefighter.darkbb.com
NeObLAZtErS_
Officer
Officer
NeObLAZtErS_

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Ways to advertise the clan?   Ways to advertise the clan? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:04 pm

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP U SKY

There are a lot of clans out there, so getting members will be more than just a simple task. If you want the best chance of getting recruits for your clan, follow some simple guidelines on how to format a clan recruiting post.

Here's (at least) what you should have in your post:

Your Name: Don't forget to tell people who you are. Including your status within the clan also may be a plus, especially if you are in a position of command.

Your Clan's Name: When I said name, I don't mean your clan's acronym. Sure, post it, but people tend to get irritated when they don't know what it stands for, so make sure to tell what your acronym stands for.

Your Website/Forums: If you have a website or forums, post a link to it! It's the best way for recruits to get information on your clan.

Your Server: Got a server? Post the IP. Recruits may want to check out your server to meet some of your members. Servers are also a great way to attract recruits -- most people don't want to join a clan where they have to go searching for a place to play!

Some other optional information:

Your Member Count: Have a lot of members? Sometimes that's a draw, as it indicates a strong stable clan. However sometimes large numbers will scare people away, so whether you want to include it is up to you.

Your Clan Type: Are you light side? Dark side? Have strong regulations, or maybe it's more of an every-member-for-themself setup? Give information as to how your clan is set up. Recruits may be looking for a very specific kind of clan to join, and if you tell what your clan's all about they won't have to ask or root around your website.

Your Clan's History: A lot of people will want to know how long your clan's been around and what it's been through to decide how stable it is and whether they want to join it. If you have a bad history you may want to leave this out, but if you have a good history then posting it can only help you.

Your Rank System: Some clans have them and some don't. If you do, you may want to tell about them a little.

Your Allies/Enemies: Personally I don't get the whole ally/enemy thing, but other people seem to think it's a big deal... so post it if you feel inclined.

Tips on making a good post:

Use Good Grammar: Nobody wants to join a clan where the leader seems incompetent. The better you express yourself the better people will view your clan.

Give a reason why people should join!: Why should people think about joining your clan? If you can't think of a reason, they probably won't be able to either. Make it enticing for them -- don't be boring!

Be Detailed: The more information you give, the more your recruits will have to work with.

Examples of good and bad clan recruitment posts:

I'm making these up, so if these clans really exist I'm not picking on anyone

BAD:

Quote:
join r clan =EF= join 2 day!

See how this doesn't give any information? No website URL, no introduction, and barely a clan name. It's even hard to read because of shorthand and lack of punctuation. I wouldn't join this clan... would you?

GOOD:

Quote:
Hello! I am SKY_STRYKER, leader of =EF=, Eliet Fighters. We're looking for members for our clan!

We have about 15-25 members and are a Call of duty:World At War clan. Visit our website at www.elitefighters.darkbb.com or visit us on our server at 208.167.232.127:28960

Last edited by NeObLAZtErS_ on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/spirit9000/
-Megatron- ~ LT-Killa
Admin
Admin
-Megatron- ~ LT-Killa

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Ways to advertise the clan?   Ways to advertise the clan? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:07 pm

If you do that.. I'm too busy to go put pop ups everywhere..
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefighter.darkbb.com
TriggerhappyNY
corporal
corporal
TriggerhappyNY

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Ways to advertise the clan?   Ways to advertise the clan? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:31 am

long post there so didn't read it all >> lol my eyes start to bleed after a while >> but what I do is simple

Always wear your tags where ever you play

never recruit on another clans server

If you have a good set of rules >> push the members to abide by your rules on other servers >> no camping uncaps and so on, and of course don't break their rules

Don't complain on other servers of their rules no matter how idiotic some of them may be

always practice what you preach >> teamwork, fair play, cheat free

Now as you and all the members practice these simple ideals >> people will recognize your name and tag and like the means you play by. It certainty attracts people and makes them want to look for you. And they will

all it takes is 1 smaktard in a clan to ruin a rep on other servers >> leaders must with in reason, constantly remind members of the basics when outside home turf
Back to top Go down
http://www.IMACLAN.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ways to advertise the clan?   Ways to advertise the clan? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ways to advertise the clan?
Page 1 of 1